(radiowaves.fm station page 2004 )
You’d be hard-pushed to find a greater example of what pirate radio should be about than Cityview Radio in Cork. This hobbyist station has been on air since the early ’00s and is one of the few survivors of the ever-dwindling pirate scene as we approach 2020.
Cityview is operated by a rather unique character called Mark O’Connor and is run from his attic. The only other presenter is his mother Maria!
The station usually broadcasts at night and transmissions have been known to be sporadic.
From a 2004 report on Cork’s pirate radio scene written by John Fleming for radiowaves.fm
- Broadcasts in mono
- 97.6MHz – May 2019 (Online forum)
- 97.6MHz – January 2019 (Wikipedia)
- 87.5MHz – April 2013 (Online forum)
- 87.5MHz – July 2012 (Online forum)
- 87.5MHz – January 2011 (Online forum)
- 103.0MHz – March 2009 (Online forum)
- 103.0MHz – January 2008 (Online bandscan)
- 103.0MHz – October 2007 (Online forum)
- 103.0MHz – September 2004 (Radiowaves)