Radio Éireann was the forerunner of what we now know as RTÉ Radio 1. Up to 1938 it was known as Radio Athlone, the location of it’s main transmitter.
Broadcast studios were based in the GPO on O’Connell Street in the heart of Dublin.
FM broadcasting was introduced in 1966.
They started their migration to the new radio centre at Montrose Studios, Donnybrook in September 1973 and the move was complete in 1976.